Sunday, March 15, 2020

Corona Virus

Tonight as we talked with our dorm students at the weekly devotional I had an interesting thought.  We were talking about how many times in our lives there have been devastating events that we have a hard time wrapping our minds around but when we look to the prophet and our leaders, we get through them.  With the corona virus, the prophet is optimistic even though he has had to cancel all church meetings, activities, and  temple ceremonies.  BYU classes on all 3 campuses have gone on-line.  Many senior missionaries have been sent home from different missions throughout the world.  We don't know what is going to happen, but he has advised us to be optimistic and go forward.  I thought of Lehi and his family.  They were told to leave Jerusalem and go into the wilderness.  They didn't know what was going to happen.  But they had to have faith that God would lead them and show them the way.  We are no different.  We have to have faith that God will lead us and show us the way.  We will get through this and if we obey and follow the Prophet, we will be okay.  Just as Lehi and his family were lead.  And they were okay.  "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say."  Nephi said, "I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded..."  We have been shown how to follow and obey.  Now it is our turn to go and do as the Lord commands and I know that when we do as He has asked us to, He will keep his promises to us.  What a great blessing.   President Nelson said, "I promise you that joy is always within the reach of everyone who will hear him and obey his laws. ...Look for opportunities to help those around you near and far....I promise that you will receive comfort and peace as you continue to hear him."    At the end of our devotional the students sang "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet."  What beautiful voices they have.  They sing with all their hearts.  The spirit is always strong when they sing.  I love it!  I am so grateful for a prophet of God.  What a blessing to have him at the head of this church guiding us and showing us the way.  We will get through this.  And great blessings are waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbyes with lots of Hugs and Tears

 I realize we have now been home almost 4 weeks.  Wow how time flies.  But I still wanted to make one last and final post.  We absolutely lo...